Acceleration status: ImpactAim Accelerator Graduate
- Development gap between capital city and regions, with unequal access to education,
- Lack of qualified teachers, particularly in the remote areas, and low-level incorporation of modern teaching methods into school education,
- Low efficiency in school management,
- High corruption risks in the school system, and education sphere in general,
- Lack of enthusiasm among school children for actively engaging in learning processes.
The Approach to it
Dasaran software combines all schools of the country in a single platform, thus building up the big school-related data and respective analytics for data-driven and informed decision-making.
- The software of Dasaran is a combination of 4 main components into a single platform:
- Learning Management and Information System,
- Data Analytics for Policy-Making (E-Stat Diagnostic Tool on Public Education),
- E-learning and Gamified Education Platform
- Closed Educational Network
Dasaran helps build infrastructural capacity through low-cost, yet high-quality innovative technologies for more efficient educational policymaking
The venture can be indirectly mapped with SDG 17 – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
- Equal accessibility of high quality education to every child, irrespective of their social background or geographical location,
- Development of equally educated society(ies),
- Bridging of development gaps and cutting of distances through electronic educational pipelines, background or geographical location,
- Strong civil society building through not just teaching, but shaping behavioral patterns of the children.
Directly mapped with SDG 4 – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Indirectly mapped with SDG 9 - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation;
SDG 17 – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
Year founded: 2009
Countries: Yerevan, Armenia
Sector: Education Technology
Core team: Suren Aloyan, Founding President / CEO
No of employees: 20+
Stage: Series A,B Looking at 1-2M