- To develop and maintain the system in Armenia, to apply for the Armenian and International patent for the “useful model”, and to start to sell the system in the world.
- To save people’s lives, preventing natural disasters.
- To prevent illegal logging, saving our ecosystem.
- To save electricity.
The Approach to it
- Forest Guard suggests a smart sensor system, which can be used not only in forests but everywhere, using voice recognition. So if anywhere there is a problem which can be solved by sound detecting and analyzing and sending some signal, my team can make sensors for that case.
- Currently, the startup has a sensor system for forests and rest zones, that detects any sound, does the analyze, and in case of illegal logging, forest fire or illegal transport entrance sends an emergency signal.
- There are similar systems for solving logging, fire, entrance issues. But those systems have problems with electricity consumption and with fast signal sending. In our case, our sensor system sends the emergency signal immediately, during a few seconds after the sound, and it saves electricity.
- Can change the battery of each sensor every 6-7 years.
Forest Guard try to reach these UN sustainable development goals:
- Electricity saving is a positive climate action (SDG 13).
- This project helps to save the natural ecosystem in the planet (SDG 15).
- Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development.
Year founded: 2017
Countries: Vanadzor, Armenia
Sector: Innovation, Technology, IOT
Core team: Svetlana Jaghatspanyan, Team Lead / CEO
No of employees: 5+