Acceleration status: ImpactAim Accelerator Graduate
Massive changes happening in the Industrial IoT industry and students, who are going to enter it, need to be ready for technologies of the new era of IIoT.
- Absence of courseware materials, covering industrial IoT domain.
- The industrial internet of things is developing very fast and universities lack a proper curriculum
- Universities need educational platforms, including software and hardware
- The software needs to have comprehensive interface to help making the studying process as effective as possible, the hardware platform needs to be built on real industrial technologies.
The approach to it
The IIoThink based on NI myRIO aims to teach the basics of data acquisition and control, together with techniques to connect the traditional sensors and actuators to the network and cloud and later on analyzing data for better diagnostics and visualization. It includes labs on different possible applications for the Industrial IoT, and provides opportunity to build things in PTC ThingWorx and IBM Watson cloud platforms, and connect them to real sensors.
- Increased revenues and cost optimization from IoT business models in the short run, and economic value generated through IoT businesses in the long run
- Reduced skill gap in labor markets
- Reduced unemployment rate among youth and adults
- New high-skill jobs fulfilled by youth and adults
- New business models to address SDGs
Directly mapped with the SDG 4 – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Indirectly mapped with SDG 9 - Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
Year founded: 2017
Countries: Yerevan, Armenia
Sector: Industrial IoT, Education
Core team: Rafayel Ghasabyan - Founder & CEO, Arev Hambardzumyan – CTO
No of employees: 5 - 10
Stage: Seed, Looking at up to 1M